Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random Thoughts and Observations Take 6

It's a lot of fun to watch inter-mural football games at SCA in Chile, against the backdrop of the mighty snow-capped Andes. Yes, I was wrapped in a blanket. Even the old missionary guys play (I can say that because they're all younger than I am). The only thing is that there is no hot chocolate, no popcorn, and no hot dogs for munching.

The air quality is horrible here. I am grateful for my inhaler.

If you want to be warm at church in Chile, then help with the really little kids. They have a heater in their room.

Chilean children like to goof in Children's Church, just like they do in the States. On 6/15, I used the word “donde” while assisting with a “feliz dia papa” card. This week 6/22, all I needed was the word, “No.”

In Chilean Children's church ( at Nueva Vida), you get a snack every week, but don't tell the kids at Salem.

Church starts at 10, gets out at 12 and then there's Sunday school. So it all winds up at about 1:30.

Ipods can used with a sound system for projection.

Quotes on Facebook can be uplifting and edifying. Here's one from a Chilean missionary friend, Amanda Essenmacher
"Clean out, O God, the inner stream of my life: all the duplicity, all the avarice, all the falsity.
Search out, O Lord, the hidden motives of my life: all the conceit, all the anger, all the fear.
Root out, divine Master, the destructive actions of my life: all the manipulation, all the scheming, all the
guile. May the operations of faith, hope and love increase in everything I am and in everything I do."
-Richard Foster

No comments: